Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Partner Solution Architect
Machelen, BelgiumApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
We value our partners who have chosen to work with VMware to help their customers reap the benefits of our Software defined Datacentre and Digital Workspace solutions.
The Partner Solutions Architect (PSA) will scale customer success with partners to strategically engage with a named list of VMware Solution Providers to help them build and sustain capable VMware practices.
You will act as a technical trusted advisor to a portfolio of partners PSAs will focus on winning the hearts and minds of partner CTO, Practice Leader, Solution Architect and Delivery resources to positively influence capacity, capability and deployment related to VMware.
Metrics for the PSA role are:
- # of partner solution competencies
- # of total accreditations and certifications
- # of deployments driven by partner
You are required to have strong technical depth in at least one area (Networking & Security, Data Center and/or Cloud Management & Automation).
You have the ability to build actionable relationships with the partners’ technical leaders. PSAs will engage with the partner and will be responsible for building and executing a practice development plan, accelerating accreditations & certifications, and tracking deployments.
You will be instrumental in a partners’ successful services development and execution with their customers and will maintain a cadence for communication on the progress, execution and escalation of any issues to management and relevant stakeholders. The PSA will be a key resource in Partner Engagement working alongside the Partner Business Manager and Practice Development Manager.
In addition, you will assist their partners with building their own portfolio of services offerings or solutions based on VMware technology and by using existing VMware Professional Services portfolio of services offerings and its underlying Intellectual property, such as services kits. In support of using PSO credits with partners as well, you will track and monitor customer deployments on VMware solutions.
More specifically, the role requires an individual with:
- Infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around building, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects
- Extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management, business continuity, advanced networking, storage architectures, cloud solutions, and programming experience
- Recent experience with design, implementation & support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS
- Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer/partner relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product / solution technologies at or before market introduction
- Ability to guide customers/partners on organizational requirements to develop a datacenter or cloud practice to deliver professional services solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training forums
- Demonstrated technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
- Proven track record of selling solutions including consulting services
- Ability to see & present "the big picture" through strong listening & question-based selling skills
- Ought to be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to uncover business challenges & recommend solutions to solve those challenges
- Experience leading a multi-discipline team project
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.