Sr Information Security Engineer
Farmers Branch, TexasApply Now
Sr. Information Security Engineer
The VMware Information Security Operations team is responsible for detecting and responding to cyber threats targeting VMware systems, applications, infrastructure, information, and users. The Sr. Information Security Engineer is a highly technical role responsible for developing, maintaining, and automating threat monitoring capabilities used by the Security Operations Center (SOC) team in various environments. The ideal candidate will have strong and continuous experience with Security Orchestration and Automation platforms, SIEM technologies, and DevOps with a focus on Security.
This position is responsible for:
- Driving the development and ongoing tuning and optimization of security event monitoring and analysis application platforms.
- Providing subject matter expertise on advanced threat analysis against large data sets.
- Contributing to the strategic direction for the next generation of security monitoring and automation response capabilities at VMware.
- Development of integrations with orchestration tools and cloud environments
- Developing and maturing active threat monitoring and response use case portfolio.
- Designing and implementing dashboards and data visualizations for various stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing KPI and metric reporting related the threat analysis.
- Maintaining current knowledge of emerging cyber security threats.
- Development, implementation, and improvements of internal tools for Security Automation.
- Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting security tools.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Required skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in cloud security, data analysis, configuration of security monitoring platforms, and SecDevOps
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting enterprise Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Experience implementing security monitoring and response capabilities on cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and incident response practices and methodologies.
- Expert technical knowledge of Internet security, networking protocols, and related technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewalls, content filtering, and packet inspection.
- Experience with endpoint security analysis on Windows, Mac, and Linux host event data and related tools.
- Experience with security behavioral analytics platforms used for user and entity behavioral analytics and anomaly detection.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications such as GCIH, GIAC, CISSP, Splunk Certified Architect.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, RegEx, Splunk query language.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub