Sr. Incident Response Analyst
Farmers Branch, TexasApply Now
As a Sr. Incident Response Analyst, you are responsible for:
- Providing subject matter expertise on incident response and forensic analysis.
- Implementing processes, capabilities, and techniques for incident response and forensic analysis.
- Responding to security incidents escalated from other teams.
- Performing triage and analysis on workstations, servers, mobile devices, cloud platforms, and network infrastructure.
- Identification of malware using memory analysis, live forensics, and hard drive forensics.
- Performing malware analysis through peer collaboration, sandboxed analysis, and reverse engineering.
- Identifying key Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) from new or unknown malware and developing rules and signatures for detection.
- Contributing to active threat hunting programs and security monitoring use cases.
- Contributing to the strategic direction for incident response and forensic analysis capabilities at VMware.
- Identifying and documenting lessons learned from incidents, participating in remediation requirements definition.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of the threat landscape and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Required skills and experience:
- Over 8 years of experience in Incident Response, forensic analysis, and malware research.
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and incident response practices and methodologies.
- Experience with YARA rule and OpenIOC signature creation.
- Experience with cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments.
- Experience with incident response and forensic analysis on cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Authoritative technical knowledge of Internet security and networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and OSX operating systems.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, Shell, Bash.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and among a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to rapidly adjust to new challenges and changes in priority.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and detail oriented.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize projects and operational workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree desirable.
- Security certifications such as GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GASF, CISSP.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub