Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Sr. Digital Forensics Investigator
Farmers Branch, TexasApply Now
Senior Digital Forensics Investigator
VMware – Dallas, TX/Palo Alto, CA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and tackle tomorrow's problems today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibility
The VMware Security Intelligence and Response team responds to cyber threats targeting VMware systems, applications, infrastructure, information and users. The Sr. Digital Forensics Investigator is a highly technical role responsible for performing forensics investigations on compromised end points and provide Investigation support for Legal, HR, Ethics and Compliance cases. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with forensic analysis and investigations in large enterprise environment. This position is responsible for:
- Implementing processes, capabilities, and techniques for forensic analysis.
- Performing forensic acquisition and investigation of systems, memory, and volatile data using forensically sound practices.
- Providing support for HR, Legal, Ethics and Compliance investigations
- Recover data from hard drives and other storage media that may have been deleted or damaged
- Contributing to the strategic direction of forensic analysis and Incident response capabilities at VMware.
- Identification of malware using memory analysis, live forensics, and hard drive forensics.
- Presenting the findings to various stake holders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Mentoring other staff in analysis and investigation techniques.
- Maintaining current knowledge of emerging cyber security threats.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Digital Forensics, Incident Response and Investigations
- Extensive experience with memory and hard drive forensic analysis using industry standard tools (Encase, X-Ways, BlackBag, FTK, Volatility, Rekall, Mandiant Redline, HB Gary Responder Professional, RegRipper, and FTK Imager).
- Experience with incident response and forensic analysis on cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and incident response practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Internet security and networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and OSX operating systems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, RegEx, Splunk query language.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Comfortable facing new challenges and changes in direction.
- Self-motivated, team player, and detail oriented.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree desirable.
- Prior experience working in/with law enforcement agencies on Cyber Security Investigations
- Certifications such as GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GASF, CISSP.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.