Information Security Analyst
Farmers Branch, TexasApply Now
The VMware Information Security Operations team detects and responds to cyber threats targeting VMware systems, applications, infrastructure, information, and users. We are a highly technical team responsible for the triage, containment, and remediation of security threats. You are expected to have demonstrable experience in threat hunting and technical analysis, as well as team leadership and development experience.
As an Information Security Analyst at VMware, you are responsible for:
- Providing primary operational support for security events and alerts.
- Providing response support to users, advising users on alignment to security policies.
- Continuous and real-time searching for security threats and malicious activity.
- Daily tracking of events, alerts, and requests submitted from various sources including users, security tools, and third parties.
- Responding to tickets, email, and telephone requests from users across a global company.
- Designing and maintaining security playbooks and standard operating procedures.
- Providing various communications, shift handovers, and incident documentation across a continuously staffed team.
- Participating in evaluation, implementation, and troubleshooting of Security tools.
- Tracking, reporting, and controlling incident communications with other teams.
- Evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
- Providing feedback on effectiveness of threat intelligence platform and data feeds.
- Submitting threat indicators collected during analysis.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of the threat landscape and emerging security threats.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Required skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of experience working in security monitoring and incident response.
- Deep understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response practices and methodologies.
- Solid grasp of cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments.
- Experience performing security event investigations, triage, and response on cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience using SIEM products.
- Experience with endpoint security analysis on Windows, Mac, and Linux event data and related tools.
- Experience with malware analysis or forensic analysis.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of Internet security and networking protocols.
- Understanding of security technologies, including UEBA, SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, endpoint security, content filtering, and packet inspection.
- Understanding of system hardening techniques and practices.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, RegEx, Splunk Query Language.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and among a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Confident facing new challenges and changes in direction.
- Self-motivated, team player, and detail oriented.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Security certifications such as GCIH, GCIH, CySA+, OSCP, CISSP, CCSK
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub