Senior Intellectual Property Counsel
Dublin, - IrelandApply Now Job ID R1907334-2
Senior Counsel, VMware
Palo Alto, CA
You will be part of the Product Technology and Law Group. This team is responsible for supporting the R&D, CTO and Marketing teams. Our team has a deep understanding of company’s business objectives, products and services and intellectual property strategies to be able provide practical, strategic assistance as it navigates the evolving global legal landscape.
Job Role and Responsibility
Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and suppliers who provide technology and services to VMware’s R&D teams, including inbound license agreements.
- Negotiate license agreements to enable partners and customers to use the company’s’ technology.
- Negotiate agreements that support strategic technology and intellectual property relationships.
- Collaborate with and support other lawyers with respect to intellectual-property related provisions in legal forms, agreements, policies and notices to protect commercial and legal position in relation to intellectual property rights.
- Assist with international registrations for the company’s intellectual property including patents and trademarks.
- Lead due diligence in M&A transactions relating to intellectual property assets and issues.
- Support the litigation team and advise on intellectual property disputes.
- Support critical incident management processes in addressing suspected or actual security incidents involving the companies’ intellectual property.
- Develop training materials for legal staff, management and employees relating to intellectual property.
- Some limited travel may be required as part of the role.
- Qualified to practice law in Ireland
- A minimum of seven years of legal experience with intellectual property, commercial and technology agreements
- Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Strong substantive knowledge of intellectual property laws
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Ability to draft and review patent applications
- Experience working with software and SaaS providers
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub