Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Senior Systems Engineer - Enterprise (Qatar)
United Arab EmiratesApply Now
Senior Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Enterprise - Based in Qatar
Provide pre-sales support to our Enterprise Sales organization in pursuit of virtual infrastructure business opportunities.Gain prospects' technical recommendation to develop a business relationship with VMware and its channel partners.Expected to help define, accelerate and close transactional business within a defined set of accounts.Must perform a variety of tasks including product overviews, customized presentations and demonstrations, complex solution design, infrastructure surveys, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions.
- Present VMware product features and benefits to Managers and Director Level prospects as well as Systems Managers and Administrators.
- Provide technical and strategic vision about the VMware product family and be able to describe customized solutions to address complex customer requirements, utilizing VMware and partner products and professional services.
- Must be able to describe VMware’s key messages and vision and discuss key benefits for our customers.
- Must be recognized and utilized as a technical resource within the region.
- Must maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each.
- Keeps abreast of developments within industry and the organization.
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external.
- Acts as a VMware Product Advocate.
- Pro-actively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts.
- Evangelize current and future VMware products and technologies with an emphasis on large enterprise deployments and/or vertical solutions.
- Pro-actively drive new and incremental business with the OEM and Channel Partners.
- Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (POC's).
- Documentation of client feature requests and issues.
- Drive the design of customer oriented solutions using VMware.
- Author white papers on technology and industry specific topics for use both internally and for customers.
- Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum.
- Assume the role of a mentor to other system engineers when appropriate.
- Create training content for the SE organization when appropriate.
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
• Strategic Account Manager(s)
• Other Systems Engineers (SE's)
• Extended Specialist Teams
- 5+ years proven experience as a pre-sales, systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major server operating system (UNIX/Linux or Windows Server); good working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of Virtualization concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is essential.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including SMP servers, storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Open systems administration and management, technical sales or consulting experience prioritizing and organizing skills.
- Effective verbal and writing communications including excellent presentation skills.Experience of presenting to large audiences e.g. seminars is an advantage.Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Creative thinking ‘outside of the box’.
- Demonstrates high ethics and integrity, is respected.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Knowledge / experience in Enterprise is preferable.
- This position will be based in Qatar.
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference.At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse.The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.