Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer(SE)
Des Moines, IowaApply Now
At VMware we currently have an excellent opportunity within our Sales Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our team in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul Minn. area.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help shape the future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the enterprise adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes. As an SE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
Location: This is a home office based position and will require travel.
Travel: up to 50%
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with field sales team to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, and match VMware, and Other Partner solutions to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission. Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and customer roles including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution, and build high-level drawings.
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities.
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforec.com
- 8 or more years of experience in information technology (IT).
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware and partner technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners.
- BA/BS required with Masters preferred.
- VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience preferred.
- Experience in State, Local Government and Education (SLED) market preferred.
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects which include VMware technology and 3rd party API integration or in a cloud native setting.
- Experience with public cloud or hybrid cloud services is highly desirable.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about our values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms. If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.