Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Territory Sales Manager | Dell EMC SynergyJob ID R1903966-1 Date posted 03/27/2019
Territory Sales Manager, Dell Commercial Sales
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) US Dell EMC Commercial is a Field Sales and Business Development position that aligns you as the chief VMware advocate, leader, and seller for a specific Dell EMC territory.
You will be aligned to Dell EMC leadership within your designated territory and be responsible for all VMware business through Dell EMC’s commercial business (SLED, Healthcare, and medium corporate accounts).
You will be responsible for driving your own meetings and demonstrating VMware sales cycles, working with Dell EMC and VMware to hold teams accountable toward key KPIs leading to broader partnering, supporting Dell EMC in complex transactions, and evangelizing to customers, Dell EMC, and VMware the benefits of the VMware / Dell EMC partnership through training and enablement.
- Reports to a Regional Director, U.S. Dell EMC Commercial Sales
- Responsible for a quarterly booking target for VMware products including packaged services and education offerings
- You will drive and participate in several individual customer meetings per week (especially initial meetings), either through your own prospecting efforts or the efforts of the greater team
- You will work closely with multiple VMware and Dell EMC Account Executives to maximize VMware bookings in their assigned geography. This will include end-user sales, 1 to many Partner and Customer events and enablement
- You will work closely with Dell EMC and VMware Leadership and top Executives/Sellers across your territory
- You will work closely with the VMware Channel/Partner Organization to develop a strong and dependable partner ecosystem that can sell.
- You'll be expected to support Dell Technologies in complex opportunities requiring direct VMware sales assistance.
Are you motivated to achieve quarterly targets? Do you work effectively with personnel cross functionally and across all levels of business within complex organizations? Do you have demonstrated proficiency in data center infrastructure products and technologies? On top of these qualities, we are also looking for:
- 5+ years of selling experience in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment.
- You have a history of influencing others to see your point of view at multiple levels within a sales organization
- You possess strong leadership skills and can build a complex Partner and End-User sales strategy to achieve both short- and long-term goals and bookings targets.
- You are able and willing to prospect and drive both ‘Whitespace’ and ‘Wallet share’ selling motions in your assigned geographies
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and are comfortable discussing virtualization and datacenter infrastructure technologies with Dell EMC leaders, CIOs, and Partner principals.
- You can analyze available data and generate business results, which are best for VMware, the customer, and the combined Dell EMC / VMware effort.
- You have a history or expressed capability of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- History of selling for a large corporate sales organization
- 7+ years’ sales experience in the datacenter (storage, software, etc.) industry
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted and committed individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team.
- BA/BS degree or higher
Travel: Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.