Senior Consultant, Federal
Dallas, TexasApply Now
As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
• Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
• Relevant experience, including customer-facing and IT consulting experience with Public Sector customers highly desired.
• Strong technical knowledge of vSphere and vSAN
• Working technical knowledge of vROps, vRA, and Horizon Enterprise
• Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
• Experience with PowerShell, bash, or python
• 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)
• 10 years of relevant technical
** Active TS security clearance required, SCI preferred
** Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub