Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Technical Support ManagerJob ID R1903738 Date posted 03/20/2019
Are you're looking to be a leader in a dynamic and growing environment? If so, this role is for you.
As Manager of Technical Support, you will have the responsibility to run, design, and lead a highly skilled technical support team in our organization in support of some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners; building close relationships/partnerships with our most strategic accounts. You will work closely with our Management team including the Senior Leaders, VP of Global Support Services, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall excellent service and support to our customers.
- You'll need to provide excellent technical support and service to VeloCloud customers. You'll be engaging the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the NSX customer base on critical escalations and call resolution. In addition you'll lead and develop the NSX SD-WAN support teams, including hiring, professional development and project work
- You will need to provide technical guidance to customers and to your team. This is both a technical and people leadership role.
- As the team grows you'll design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and improve support operations for NSX SD-WAN, including workflow and incident management. Some of the efforts you'll drive will include
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being influence Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware’s engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- 8 years of experience in the software and/or telecom industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management
- CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience in routing and switching
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPN/IPsec overlay technologies required. VoIP preferred.
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups and 24 x 7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure technical support performance within the organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus
- Experience in both small and large companies desired
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or Internet service providers is desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Salesforce, PagerDuty, Jira etc.
- In addition to the above, excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the passion to work in a team environment are key attributes for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.