Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Technical Support Manager
Cork, IrelandApply Now
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
As a Technical Support Manager – you will have the responsibility for managing a highly skilled team in support of some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners. You will work closely with the Senior Management, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and technical support. The candidate will be able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality Support Engineers who are capable of continuing and improving VMware's success.
We believe in building a highly collaborative team that thrives on resolving complex issues. Our team vision is that everyone has something to contribute and we can all always learn something new. From the first day, you can expect to be included in multiple opportunities to share your experience and knowledge of both technology and customer management.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware customer base
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development, and proactive project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and improve the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware's engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Evangelizing VMware’s vision both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups, and 24x7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Siebel, Remedy, Clarify, Salesforce, etc
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.