Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Cork, IrelandApply Now
This sourcing professional will partner with key partners and the broader Global Strategic Sourcing Organization to develop, drive and execute sourcing strategies for the IT Infrastructure category.
- Use data analytics, industry bench-marking and strategic sourcing methodologies to develop and execute strategies.
- Develop and maintain preferred supply base.
- Drive development and execution of high impact strategic sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of VMware as well as the specific business function.
- Lead e-Sourcing events, collaborating with marketing partners to define scope, identify suppliers and develop internal recommendations.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, working across functions when needed, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to VMware.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies.
- Serve as a trusted business advisor to business partners, providing premier technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
- Contract negotiation – effectively negotiate both business and Legal terms
- Actively monitor and evaluate savings opportunities, provide analysis and communicate appropriately to the strategic sourcing team(s)
- Coordinate and partner with suppliers and internal customers to deliver standard methodology operations and communications
- Ensure compliance with VMware Sourcing Policies
- Deliver results with high degree of Ethics, Integrity & passion
- Cultivate communication and collaboration within and across organizational boundaries
- Are you a great teammate and collaborate well with business partners across globe? We need you to help drive the business forward.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, developing and executing high impact sourcing strategies in an IT Infra category (Network, Telecom, Datacenter, Infrastructure as a Service, Hardware, etc.)
- Confirmed ability to communicate, influence and establish collaborations at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business insight, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Solid project management skills to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
- Strong supplier management skills. Experience working with SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.