Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Cork, IrelandApply Now
As a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and engage with engineering on customer reported issues
- Handle escalations with demanding customers at a technical and management level
- Provide mentoring, training, technical assistance and guidance to junior technical staff to build knowledge and expertise
- Perform team technical assessment to identify opportunity for skill improvement and maintain team technical health
- Develop and review new knowledge base articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Deliver Transfer of Information (TOI’s) Sessions to other TSE’s to enhance knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Examine, develop and promote tools and processes to improve efficiencies within the team
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training's
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Track record of assisting and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills.
- Strong technical writing skills
Strong knowledge and practical working ability of the following technologies is required:
- Virtualization, preferably VMware technologies
- Strong Linux skills
Knowledge of the following is advantageous:
- Microsoft SQL / Oracle
- Scripting (Java script, Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Multi-platform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux , UNIX)
- Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS.
- Windows 2003/2008
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- CCNA / VCP / VCAP / RHCE certification will be an added advantage.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.