Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Cork, IrelandApply Now
As a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the life-cycle of the Service Request to resolution.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Achieve VCP certifications within 6 months and maintain accreditation
- Collaborate with senior engineers and engineers to resolve customer product issues.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both English/French.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
- Work experience in a Technical domain.
- Good understanding in at least one of the following technologies:
- Networking, Storage, Linux, TCP/IP, Windows
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or other relevant IT computer based qualifications or equivalent work experience
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.