Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Senior Revenue Analyst
Cork, IrelandApply Now
Senior Revenue Analyst (Fixed term 12 month contract)
The VMware Revenue Deal Assurance team (DAT) is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented Senior Revenue Analyst position reporting to the Revenue Manager.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have a great attention to detail. Specific responsibilities will include review of license agreements and Professional Services Statements of Work, primary review of paperwork and revenue system for deals booked to ensure compliance under the Revenue Standard (Revenue Standard ASC606), provide revenue guidance and support to the Deal Management teams, general mailbox guidance, Forecasting, credit approval reviews, SSP compliance, reporting and SOX compliance.
VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
The Responsibilities are as follows:
- Understand revenue recognition criteria (ASC 606) and policies in order to read and interpret terms and conditions in agreements
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to Deal Management Teams
- Coordination of regional revenue forecast file and pre-review of potential deals to ensure accurate revenue forecast
- Post Booking Review of License Agreements and associated documentation to ensure revenue compliance and correct booking in Oracle and primary review of deals booked
- Support team in review of Professional Services Organization requests and agreements including review and approval of Statements of Work (Professional Services Agreement) and other adhoc requests
- Assist with activities, processes and deadlines related to DAT non-system/ manual accounting entries
- Prepare monthly / quarterly reporting schedules
- Adherence to Revenue SOX Controls
- Execute ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Business level English is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Information systems, CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Preferred: Software revenue accounting experience.
- Preferred: Knowledge of ASC 606, ASC 605, SOP 97-2, SOP 81-1 and US GAAP Accounting Standards.
- Solid PC skills
- Ability to quickly understand new accounting and system rules and logic.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines, including the tasks of junior team members.
- Ability to problem solve with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong initiative and drive to see tasks through to completion.
- Preferred: SAP, Oracle or similar ERP system experience, SAP HANA, BI reporting, SQL.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.