Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Senior Manager Technical Support vSAN
Cork, IrelandApply Now
As a Senior Manager Technical Support for vSAN – you will have the responsibility for managing a highly skilled team in support of some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners. You will work closely with other Senior Management in Cork, Ireland and Globally. You will build relationships with, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and technical support. The candidate will be able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality Technical Support Managers who are capable of continuing and improving VMware's success.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware customer base
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development, and proactive project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and improve the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware's engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Evangelizing VMware’s vision both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support management, including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups, and 24x7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Siebel, Remedy, Clarify, Salesforce, etc
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.