New Grad – Pricing – Pricing & Licensing Analyst
Cork, IrelandApply Now
New Grad – Pricing – Pricing & Licensing Analyst
Location: Cork, Ireland
Start date: July 2020
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cyber security.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware’s Global Pricing and Operations team deliver scalable and sustainable pricing and licensing practices which enables the company to grow its business. Our team is looking for a Graduate Pricing Analyst who is passionate about supporting pricing research and analytics for VMware’s solutions and services.
As part of a small team based in Cork, this role that will support VMware’s short and long-term pricing strategy by working on research projects and conducting pricing/financial analysis.
The position requires a well-rounded individual who the ability to deliver results in a fast-growing environment. The ideal candidate should have an interest in technology, business strategy, economics, pricing, market research and/or data analysis.
- Support pricing research projects including primary and secondary research
- Compile and analysis pricing and discounting reports
- Collect and review competitive pricing
- Learn about VMware products, licensing metrics, go-to-market models and competitive positioning
- Support key pricing related projects and programs
- Perform ad hoc pricing operations tasks
In this role, you will work independently and as part of a global team of product pricing subject matter experts. You should have the ability to work in a fast pace environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business, Engineering or a related field
- Have graduated no longer than 12 months of the start date (July 2020)
- Strategic thinker with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Have an interest in technology with ability to learn about the cloud infrastructure and end user computing market
- Be comfortable with large data sets and working knowledge of Excel
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
- Highly numeric with an interest in statistical models and has ability to learn SAS, R, Python
- Excel expert, with experience with Tableau or other data/pricing analytical tools
- Experience of market research (e.g. survey design and analysis)
- Interested in learning pricing research methodologies (e.g. conjoint, max diff)
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub