Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Network Virtualization EngineerJob ID R1901608 Date posted 01/31/2019
Network Virtualization Engineer, NSX
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
NSX is a game changer in Networking. VMware wants our customers to have the best technical support experience possible. To make sure of this, we are investing in our people by providing them access to latest training and certification offerings on the VMware product suite . We have a very strong technical team who collaborates and shares knowledge. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup. At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow technically and professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for troubleshooters, people who don’t give up, people who are hungry to know more, learn more and understand more.
Job Role and Responsibility:
As a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success.
You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
Required Core Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience providing technical support to customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and a real passion for problem solving
- Minimum 3 years experience in software or hardware environment
Required Technical Skills:
One or more of the following
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux/UNIX or Windows.
- Experience in LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience Troubleshooting 3rd party application integration.
- Experience Performance troubleshooting.
Preferred Technical Skills:
Additionally, see below for desired skillsets.
- Networking Knowledge
- Background in System Administration
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing
- Experience with kernel (Linux) or registry (Windows) configuration and debugging.
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Linux command-line skills and shell scripting and/or programming
- Experience with ESX Server and/or Virtual Center Server
- Experience in customization of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- VMware, Cisco, RedHat etc Certifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Postgres etc.)
- Experience with Servers (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
- Experience with Server Management Software
- Experience with Domain integration – Active Directory
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Other language
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.