Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in HR
HRIS Systems Analyst – Absence and Benefits
Cork, IrelandApply Now
The global HR Information Systems (HRIS) team is a creative community of people brought together to enable VMware people processes through engaging, collaborative, leading edge systems solutions that are simple, drive integrity, and empower customers to make informed business decisions.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Systems Analyst will be a member of the HRIS team, partnering with the Senior Manager for Compensation and Benefits Systems. Your responsibilities will include providing systems and process support for Leave of Absence and Benefits requirements in both Workday and other third-party applications.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the support and evolution of our HR Systems, as well as engaging locally and internationally with driven and talented business and systems teams, which will include the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Leave of Absence (LOA) and Benefits partners to identify upcoming projects, understand scope, determine business requirements and discuss roadmap/timelines.
- Design, configure and deploy system solutions in line with HRIS methodologies and standards.
- Engage with 3rd party Benefits vendors to capture technical/configuration requirements related to plan configuration or integration files.
- Understand the interdependencies with Time Off and Payroll and liaise with teams in these areas on system changes.
- Participate in update processes including reviewing functional improvements in relation to LOA and Benefits functionality, integrations and related reports/dashboards. This includes reviewing documentation, executing/reviewing test cases, communicating with stakeholders and system configuration.
- Work with the Production Support Team on deployment/launch of projects, improvements and technical support activities.
- Previous HR Systems and Project experience in Workday, as Systems Analyst/Functional Consultant, with Workday professional accreditations/certifications.
- Technical skills in Absence Management design and configuration, particularly Leave of Absence.
- Exposure to 3rd party Benefits administration applications, such as Thomson’s Darwin platform.
- Familiar with technical aspects of integrations, reporting, calculated fields and system security.
- Adept documentation abilities, with experience in preparing business requirements, configuration documentation, test scripts and meeting notes.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment where teamwork, multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary. Exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices.
- Knowledge of Workday Time Off and Time Tracking.
- Experience with Payroll files, reports, integrations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems or related discipline desirable.
To be Successful in this Role you will need the following Competencies:
- Building Work Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Identifying more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusting priorities when appropriate.
- Issue Resolution - Responds quickly to address raised issues; generates mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives; gains customer agreement to proposed solutions; implementing service practices that meet needs.
- Active Learning - Demonstrating real passion for new information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Passion for Results - Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.