Health & Safety Programme Manager
Cork, IrelandApply Now
Health & Safety Programme Manager
VMware are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Programme Manager who has experience in both EHS and OHS to provide professional support and advice to key stakeholders. Occupational Health & Safety is about managing and measuring the effects of work on a person’s health and the effect of a person’s health on their ability to work. This role will work in partnership with EH&S, HR and other functions to provide expert governance, guidance and develop policies in conjunction with program leads.
- To help develop a global Health & Safety compliance programme to ensure compliance with responsibilities imposed by legislation for both OHS and EHS
- To champion best practice in occupational health provision within the organisation ensuring all elements of the programme is delivered on time, to high standards and within budget
- Identify and develop a consistent framework for managing Holistic Health and Safety Risks across the organisation
- To ensure all relevant internal stakeholders are engaged at the right level in contributing towards the success of the global programme, and to ensure that they receive appropriate and timely communications on how the programme is progressing
- To partner with HR teams and support them to ensure that they deliver to plan within agreed timescales and to ensure a coordinated, consistent and high-quality approach to programme delivery
- To undertake other duties that may from time to time be necessary, that are compatible with the nature and grade of this post
- Minimum qualification requirement is higher education in the field of Health & Safety with a particular focus on Occupational Health and at least 5 years related work experience.
- Very Good knowledge of English
- High-energy, dedicated; with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritize multiple work streams, independently and under tight time constraints
- Proficient in MS office platforms and possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
Strong organizational skills and collaborative style
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub