Enterprise Account Exec HCI
Copenhagen, DenmarkApply Now
Job DescriptionJob Description
We are a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the business forward. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft the business plan for success within your role, and seek virtual team support to be successful in executing that plan.
The hyper converged storage specialist Account Executive will drive VMware’s Storage virtualization products to Strategic and Global customers, leveraging an extended team that includes VMware’s core salesforce, SEs, OEM partners and partners across Denmark and Finland. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities - directly and through channels.
You will have experience of getting results through your own sales engagements and through harnessing the power of the channel as well as a deep understanding of new storage technologies and how the drive for digital services, cloud first strategies and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and to deliver significant sales success. A consistent record of successful and smart selling in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory. SDS is a key component of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center strategy. SDS enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required for modern datacenters. The SDS sales team will work in coordination with VMware’s sales team + VMware’s partner network.
- Responsible for selling VSAN and the full SDS product line
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on a given territory and establish sales cadence with the core sales teams
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure.
- Embrace the strategy leveraging the channel partners
- Focus on top tier accounts and collaborate with Inside Sales and channel partners to ensure complete coverage of other segments.
- Prospect new opportunities for VSAN with the assigned accounts
- Match the SDS solution to the client’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of Software Defined Storage, with an emphasis on VSAN
- Work closely with SEs and Storage Architects to successfully move each opportunity through the customer’s evaluation process
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our SDS value proposition
- Solid experience in the storage industry with consistent track record of selling to enterprise accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience managing a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Industry expertise in storage is a requirement, especially experience in selling to virtualization and storage personnel in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent record of success selling in a highly ambitious environment
- Experience in strategic and value selling in dealing with six or seven figure transactions
- Experience in winning net new accounts as well as upselling to the installed base
- BA/BS degree or higher
Travel: 30-60% travel
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub