Technical Customer Account Manager (TAM)
Chicago, IllinoisApply Now
Want to join an innovative team of Customer Advocates?
Want to help change the future of IT?
Want to join a top rated company: Fortune 100 Best Places to Work?
VMware TAMS love their jobs – apply to learn more and find out why!
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html
We want to hire epic people who match our culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and own your future.
A Fulfilling and Agile Work Environment
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, R&D, and support). You will proactively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
- Customer Advocate; world class customer liaison
- Map VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements to ensure strategic long term value
- Understand the customer’s relevant business challenges while functioning as a trusted advisor for “best practices” and drive adoption of VMware solutions within your assigned accounts
- Agility: respond to the needs of your customers with confidence and ease
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s major VMware initiatives
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Manage and own competing requests across multiple client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements
- Support customer business objectives by effectively leveraging TAM program deliverables
- Build and maintain knowledge of relevant technologies, industry trends, regulations, challenges, and business drivers.
- Regularly interact with Healthcare strategists and Alliance Partners to ensure current and relevant knowledge is being leveraged across customers.
- Work closely with customers to differentiate our offerings in healthcare context.
- Facilitate the transformation of IT as a cost center to IT as a service provider and strategic differentiator for the next generation of healthcare provider.
VMware Healthcare Mission
- Transforming the Cost, Quality and Delivery of Patient Care.
- Healthcare industry experience desired, especially working for or with providers.
- Must be agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization)
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Solid technical background in at least 2 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
- Business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence change at all levels
- Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel from administrators to CxO levels
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional 5 or greater certification preferred
Diversity at VMware
Diversity at VMware
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub