Endpoint Support Engineer
Chennai, IndiaApply Now
Position: Colleague Support Engineer II
VMware seeks a motivated Desktop Engineer, based in Chennai, who possesses an excellent customer service attitude, a great deal of creativeness in troubleshooting and problem solving, and who is ready to help maintain our desktop infrastructure. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC/Tower Server, hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Pick support tickets through Vmware IT ticketing tool within defined SLA to provide technical resolution
- EPS Engineer is responsible for delivering Keep The Light On (KTLO) tasks and Project related initiatives
- Provide Level 1/2 support to VMware employee related End User Services (EUS) technologies as applicable (Endpoint, Unified Collaboration and Client Engineering)
- Build, Install and configure end user hardware for New Hires and hardware refresh
- Provide support related to Windows, MAC and Linux OS issues encountered on end users primary and secondary hardware
- Provide on-going operational support for OS releases and upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, mandatory system security patching and updates
- Performance monitoring, tuning for all end-user systems using SCCM and Airwatch
- Supporting Handheld devices on different mobility platforms – IOS, Android and Windows
- Serve as escalation support to help desk organization to resolve EUS issues as reported by the end-users
- EPS Engineer is expected to troubleshoot problem areas in person, via phone and remote assistance tool (Bomgar, Remote Assistance, RDP, Telnet and SSH).
- Identify threats and risks on end-user hardware using security applications and ensure network security against Spyware, Adware and, Virus and Trojans.
- Responsible for maintaining end-user hardware as per IT Security and Compliance
- Proactively maintain Asset and Store inventory management
- Engage with peers from other technology support groups to deliver required solutions
- Work closely with EPS Leads to ensure SLAs are maintained across team
- Mentor engineers at P1 and P2 level on technical issues
- Be active participants for all EUS Projects and deliveries
- Engage in creating KB articles and Tech-Talks
- Engineer will be completely responsible of the IT related issues in the site.
- Basics of network and telecom to be able to support respective team when they need help remotely.
- Minimum 4 years IT experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supporting Microsoft technologies
- Must have knowledge of OS Platforms – Windows, MAC and Linux
- Must have knowledge of PC hardware architecture and latest technologies
- Must have knowledge of enterprise EUS applications, ( MS Office 2016, O365, VPN ,EPO and Patch management application)
- Must have knowledge of hardware encryption and backup solutions for end-users
- Must have good understanding of other IT disciplines, (Telecom, Messaging, Collaborations tools – Share point, One Drive, S4B, SCCM, Airwatch MDM and Laptop management)
- Experience with VMW's virtualization products VSphere, Horizon View, Workspace One, Fusion/Workstation is a big plus
- Proven Customer Service skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Minimum 3-year Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Foundation V3
- Preferred candidates will have Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE)
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub