Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Automation Developer Engineer
Chennai, IndiaApply Now
VMware's elite, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of world-class computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. At VMware, our engineers voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap. Our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. VMware has R&D offices around world including Chennai, India.
VeloCloud, now part of VMware, is solving enterprise problem of cost effectively provisioning branch, SMB and mobile users with both high performance and controlled access to Public and Private Cloud Applications. Accessibility to cloud network becomes critical as applications and services migrate from local sites and Data Centres to the cloud, access over fixed and mobile broadband.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
- Become familiarized with automation test framework and automate the IP Networking related functionality test
- Work in an agile environment to develop new features and functionalities in the automation framework.
- Support product developers as they create, maintain, and enhance test scripts.
- Develop and extend framework features to support critical product work.
- Train users in Python, automation, and quality planning, and effective use of the existing automation framework.
- Support the team in effectively delivering tasks and stories in a scrum team.
- Provide recommendations for feature or process improvements
- Report accurate and regular results of automation efforts to team lead
- 7-12 years of Python based Automation framework & infra development experience
- Expertise in Pytest/Selenium automation framework
- Good working knowledge of front end UI testing, API testing, cross browser testing, and automation
- Strong coding and automation experience using Python with excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiarity with one of the major server virtualization products (ESXi, KVM, XEN, AWS) essential
- Familiarity with Jenkins/testrail an added advantage
- BS/BE/Masters in Computer Science from IIT/NIT/Tier1-2 colleges
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate effective collaboration both within the immediate team and across teams.
VeloCloud by VMware is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment, including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or ethnic origin.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.