Application Support Engineer
Chennai, IndiaApply Now
Are you're looking to be a leader in a dynamic and growing environment? If so, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other support engineers, sales engineers and customers to understand customer network configurations and problems that they may be facing or simply answering technical inquiries about NSX SD-WAN products. You will use your expert knowledge of Linux, APIs and MYSQL to establish root cause of customer issues. Customers may range from large enterprises to multinational telco service providers.
Sometimes this may involve raising the issue internally and keeping open communication with partners about the progress. You will engage customers via email and phone and provide timely and accurate information. One key objective would be to provide immediate solution/workaround and guide customers until the issue can be resolved.
· Prior experience working in a Support/Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team
· Linux and shell scripting skills such as log reading and performance testing high desired.
· Networking knowledge preferred (HTTP, TCP, IP, subnetting)
· Experience supporting a cloud service
· General familiarity with concepts like multi-tenancy, password management, common access issues that customers might have with a cloud service
· Experience with REST apis, swagger and JSON
· Experience using / building REST clients (curl, postman, python)
· Basic understanding of MySQL
· Experience debugging web applications using browser developer tools (e.g. console, network request log, debugger, etc.);
· Debug / troubleshoot the customer’s environment, collect additional information about the problem and resolve network performance issues
· Quickly assess and understand customers issues and business impact
· Ability to reproduce customer reported issues in the lab environment, work with development and QA to verify and fixes before they are rolled out to our customers
In addition to the above, excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the passion to work in a team environment are key attributes for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub