Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Senior Systems EngineerJob ID R1905277-2 Date posted 04/16/2019
SE Specialist, Cloud Management
The world of IT is in the midst of a great upheaval. While some are confused or struggling in the Cloud First world, VMware is surging on record growth across its security, cloud and mobility solutions. To meet this demand, VMware is hiring.
This position represents an opportunity to join our vibrant company and become part of the Pre-Sales Engineering team. This position is focused on VMware’s vRealize suite of products www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-suite.htmland will also cover our new SaaS based solutions like Wavefront https://www.wavefront.com/
In this role, cloud management represents two domains of equal importance – automation and analytics.
We strive help our customers deliver the self-service portals that will delight their end users. We educate them on the path to automating everything in the data center they reasonably can. Interested in Infrastructure-as-Code and DevOps principles? This space is for you. It’s not just VMs and Containers we are delivering, but the security and networks to go with them via the software defined NSX stack behind us www.vmware.com/products/nsx.html. This is not a networking team, but cloud networks are the among the hottest things for us to automate today. You will learn new things on this team!
All this said, we know clouds cannot rely on old silos of traditional monitoring to be healthy, at scale. That is why this team educates customers on the use of operations across data centers’ traditional domains (compute, storage, network) and emerging domains (containers, serverless, PaaS). We teach that looking across silos is the best way to understand and anticipate the needs of the application and end-user. This is the other side of modern self-service. Smart dashboards and insightful reporting. On this team, you will need to understand Operations as it relates to building and supporting automated infrastructure and apps.
The future team member will spend the majority of his or her time in front of Enterprise customers in the Carolina's and Georgia region. Many meetings are also conducted remotely, through Skype, WebEx, etc….
When not with customers, supporting the extended team and staying in touch with the business units writing our software will be critical. They want our feedback.
Finally, members of this team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers. Being on this team means sharing what you have learned, from time to time.
- Evangelize VMware’s strategy driving product demonstrations to customer executives and technical leaders
- Provide expert technical support for opportunities involving VMware management and integration into existing management and monitoring systems.
- Lead Proof of Concept exercises for vRealize and Wavefront products in customer labs to validate solutions
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of peer and competitor products.
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical Go-To-Market training material and positioning.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products.
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations.
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures.
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions.
Requirements and Desired Experience:
- DevOps Experience/Knowledge
- Prior Systems Engineering Experience is Required
- Distill complex solutions into simpler, visual chunks that regular people can understand.
- Have experience with IT automation and orchestration tools.
- Have Experience supporting large customers and/or teams practicing Agile and continuous delivery, is preferred.
- Experience designing, architecting, and integrating with 3rd party cloud environments like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in technology-related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure.
- Strong technical proficiency with both mainstream and emerging automation and configuration management solutions. Some examples include - vRealize Automation and Operations, Turbonomics, vCenter Orchestrator, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Openstack, Salt, Docker, Github, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Platform, etc. We do not need you to know them all, but you have to be good with something here already to be a reasonable candidate.
- Understanding of cloud security and governance like FedRAMP, HITRUST, ITAR, Cloud Security Alliance best practices.
- Understanding of Identity Access Management (IAM) solutions, as part of cloud governance frameworks and familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) security controls, as well as encryption and key management solutions.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, though not likely to exceed 50% outside of region.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality.
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution,
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong listening and question-based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
- The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required,
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.