Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Enterprise Account Manager Defence - CanberraJob ID R1901085 Date posted 02/19/2019
Are you passionate, driven and focused on the customer?
Do you want to be able to take a world leading message to the market every day?
Do you want to be at the forefront of solving the next generation of customer problems?
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Are you a high-energy, self-motivated person seeking a new challenge in software sales? VMware is looking for a new Enterprise Account Manager to join our Federal Government team.
As an Enterprise Account Manager (EAM), you will be responsible for developing and closing business with accounts in the region which represent significant opportunity both strategically and from a revenue perspective to the company
Using well-developed people skills in consultative selling you are confident in engaging key partners in the customers business from practitioner to C level, both within IT and business units. The EAM discovers the customer’s business issues and develops a strategic plan to address them by working in partnership with VMware in the short and long term. The EAM articulates this back into VMware, and using the cross functional virtual teams within VMWare to define and execute on a sales strategy that delivers revenue and business outcomes.
- Build pipeline in allocated accounts (both existing and prospective), ensuring the healthy balance of sales stage maturity required to consistently deliver in the current quarter and the longer term.
- Create a detailed strategy for each account to position and sell VMware key product priorities.
- Collaborating with the VMware Channel community to ensure early engagement and strong alignment and in some cases use as part of a virtual sales team
- Regular two way communication and promote team collaboration with internal resources such as technical, marketing, specialists and professional services on the needs and business issues of the customer, the sales strategy and status, acting as the primary driver of business in allocated accounts.
- Utilise Value Selling sales methodology including VMware sales tools and process as amended from time to time, to communicate, report, track and run sales.
- Create and maintain Account Plans for all major customers
- Create an executive peering plan for allocated accounts and as required prepare effective executive briefs in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- Min 8-10 years technology related sales experience
- Tertiary qualification in Business (or similar) or equivalent commercial experience
- Experience of working in a matrixed organization
- Validated ability to engage at C-level for the purposes of solution selling, establishing peer relationships, articulating strategic vision
- Experience operating in a Channel driven sales environment with complex global alliances
- Consistent track record of achieving business objectives including revenue goals, in a highly high-reaching environment, working with commercial and enterprise clients
- Experience selling bundles of solutions (including 1 or more product and services) that deliver specific business value to customers
- Experience in maintaining relationships and influence within a customer and with external third parties that formulate a customer’s critical thinking and actions
- Strong experience leading a multi-functional team in complex engagements
VMware Australia are an equal opportunity employer. VMware values diversity at our company and we were recently awarded the WGEA Employer of choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) Citation.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.