Member of Technical Staff
Burlington, MassachusettsApply Now
VMware Cloud Automation Services allows customers to rapidly deploy infrastructure and services private and public clouds, on a variety of physical infrastructure, and hypervisors. CAS allows authorized users access to standardized IT services through a secure self-service portal, acting as a service governor and helping enforce business and IT policies throughout the service lifecycle. The Customer Success Engineering team is passionate about delivering features to delight customers as part of the core product and make the SDDC easy to adopt in very large environments. The CAS team is seeking a motivated engineer to help us build solutions at scale to make it easy for customers to manage their private cloud, the public cloud and everything in between.
• Design and develop features that enable radically simplified hybrid cloud automation
• Implement product features in compliance with the overall technical architecture of the system
• Develop a deep understanding of cloud scale architectures to evolve the product's technology foundation
• 4+ years of combined experience in design and development (coding) on enterprise-scale software systems or SaaS products.
• 3+ years of direct hands-on experience on production class systems or products that operate at large scale
• Familiarity with J2EE, REST and other distributed technologies desired
• Domain experience with building solutions or products that enable cloud computing, or leverage cloud technologies is a huge plus
• Experience with virtualization technologies (any platform, but particularly VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft HyperV) is a huge plus
• Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team environment is a must
• Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science; Masters very strongly preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub