Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Account Solution Engineer, Argentina
Buenos Aires, ArgentinaApply Now
The VMware Systems Engineer (SE) is an experienced SE who works closely with the sales team (Enterprise and Partner Sales) to identify, develop and close opportunities.
The SE must be able to understand each customer’s business and be able to map the technical requirements to appropriate VMware solutions; perform the technical “sell” of the solution and provide proof points of the technology. The SE is an expert in VMware technologies, and can recognize opportunities for the technology in customer accounts, perform technical presentations of VMware technology and solutions, and map this back to the business benefits.
The SE will perform and support tasks such as technical sales calls, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models. The SE needs to be an excellent communicator with both business and technical people, be able to work independently and understand the sales process. The SE will assist the customer to understand VMware technology, its impact on their business and the benefits that can be realized. In conjunction with this the VMware SE, will need to be able to work with Partners in the closing of opportunities, focusing on increase the partners’ capabilities and success
- Support sales force (Direct and Partner):
- Recognize opportunities
- Design solutions
- Qualify opportunities from technical perspective
- Architect medium to complex solutions in pre-sales context:
- Consult to customers on business and technical requirements
- Consult to Partners on their customers business and technical requirements
- Develop VMware technical solutions – unsolicited proposals, presentations etc
- Perform planning and pre-sales tasks, for example capacity planning assessment
- Assist sales in development of ROI studies
- Support Partner Manager sales force as needed
- Set up demonstrations of VMware products and deliver these to customers and also potentially peer SE’s, Sales and Channel partners
- Develop and maintain own skills in VMware Products
- Assist in strategic post-sales implementations as required
- VMware Product Advocate:
- Spokesperson for VMware Enterprise products in general
- Marketing and trade shows
- Liaison with Product Management (VMware and third-party) Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- “Minimum” 4 years or more experience in Presales System Engineering in the software industry
- Previous experience in working with Channel Partners on solution delivery advantageous
- High energy, self-motivated person who enjoys meeting with customers and partners
- Background in the support of enterprise or client server software
- Strong datacenter technology/processes, cloud management, operations and security experience
- Multiple platforms storage, networking and systems management is beneficial
- Background in scripting or programming a significant plus
- Strong self-starter with a proven track record of accomplishment
- Strong Presentation skills to all levels and numbers of audiences
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.