Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
vRealize Automation Technical Support Engineer
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s Cloud Management products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be able to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions. The
Technical Support Engineer duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Level 2 Support to VMware Customers and field personnel
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware Cloud suite of products including basic isolation of issues located in third party products that interact with VMware Cloud products
- Create and manage knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in all VMware, Microsoft, and UNIX technologies
- Work in a global team environment and mentor junior technicians
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner at all times
- Any other duties or projects as requested by the Manager/Senior Manager of Enterprise Applications or the Director of Global Support Services
Required skill sets:
- Extensive administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems)
- Extensive administration of Linux/UNIX including networking, firewalls, software management, and troubleshooting
- Experience with SQL and Postgres database management and querying for troubleshooting purposes
- Familiarity with various Hypervisors (vSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, KVM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and technologies (vCloud Director, Amazon, OpenStack, etc.)
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are a must
- OS Provisioning experience a plus (Sysprep)
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software
- Strong commitment to setting goals and achieving results
Education / Background:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
4 – 10 years of relevant work experience. VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.