Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
Technical Support Engineer
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
VMware vSphere is the industry-leading software powering Software-Defined Datacenter (SDDC) solution.
The VMware Global Support Services team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. Our team provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. Our team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. We also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and authoritative documents publishing. A dedication to perfection and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. As a member of our team, you will join the “best of the best” supporting mission-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
VMware brings together an extraordinary group of people. This includes an elite development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space. The entire VMware team has crafted a rare business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
What will your day look like?
As a valuable contributor, you will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail. Through the course of your day, you will resolve customer technical issues with the product through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting. There are many opportunities for you to directly interact with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems. You will document all technical interactions, develop and review content for knowledgebase.
Our team does have the need to work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
What does our team require?
- Understanding of Storage Hardware Architecture (Partitioning / RAID) and experience with storage troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of and experience in supporting Linux/UNIX environment.
- Linux storage preferred – Linux Admin experience acceptable
- Experience with BASH scripting and automation
- Experience scripting/coding in python
- Familiarity with reading/interpreting python code
- Experience trouble-shooting / administrating SAN environments (Fiber Channel or iSCSI).
- A solid grasp of the operation and functionality of NAS protocols (CIFS, SMB, NFS)
- Experience configuring SAN Storage Arrays
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS)
- Working knowledge of backup software (EMC Networker, VERITAS, NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Backup Exec)
- Experience with investigating and identifying hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Experience Performance troubleshooting
- Minimum of 3+ years of combined experience supporting software and hardware
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking stack
- Experience in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment
- Experience with Windows and Linux Networking
- Experience working within an Enterprise IT Support environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Case/Customer Management skills
- Standard hours of operation in the Broomfield center are 7am – 7 pm (various shifts) and include weekend coverage
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
Highly Preferred Skills
- Experience with ESXi Server, vCenter Server and/or other VMware products
- Experience with Cisco or Network hardware manufactured products
- Experience with Server Hardware (Dell, HP, IBM, etc)
- Experience with switch and routing protocols (CCNA or better certification preferred)
- Knowledge of remote storage mirroring (EMC MirrorView or SRDF)
- Experience with data recovery
- Experience with scripting and programming (C, C++, Perl, Python, Bash)
- Experience with advanced configuration of Windows and Linux Networking
- Familiarity with object-based storage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.