Technical Support Engineer (vRealize)
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
VMware's vRealize Operations product has been rapidly growing and we need additional, talented individuals to meet our customer’s dynamic support needs. The vRealize product line is an enterprise-ready, cloud management suite that delivers the industry’s most complete solution for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. This is your chance to be a part of an institution that has positioned itself as an industry leader.
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be highly proficient with troubleshooting VMware’s operations products. The ability to research problems and find solutions to wide variety of problems is paramount. The Technical Support Engineer should be able to quickly isolate technical problems in complex environments often spanning a large number of VMware and non-VMware solutions.
Is your passion with customers? Are you up for a challenging yet rewarding career?
Your duties include the following:
- Action all customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Resolve customer technical issues through industrious research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Ability to act in an effective and professional manner during moments of high stress
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document and manage all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Craft and handle knowledge base content including problem solutions, best practices, and informational articles.
- Deliver a consistent, positive customer experience
- Represent VMware, its shareholders, and its partners in only the most professional manner
Technical Support Engineer required skills sets:
- Experience in providing Windows and Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Manage, research, and resolve issues relating to VMware Automation Products including basic isolation of issues located in related third-party products
- Experience in performance troubleshooting
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- Superb communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills are a requirement
- Aptitude to drive complex application issues to resolution
- Familiarity with a variety of enterprise management tools and software
- Extensive enterprise level administration and support experience with all of Windows server operating systems, and workstation operating systems in large enterprise environments (thousands of systems)
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity
- Knowledge with Kerberos/Radius, Single Sign-On, and/or vIDM
- Experience with database related technology and administration (Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc)
- Experience with Cassandra, Java Runtime Environments, vAPP Configurations, REST API
- Experience with vRealize Operations or other monitoring software
- Experience with Server Management Software
- Experience with firewalls and security related issues
- Experience with SSL certificates
- Strong dedication to setting goals and achieving results
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in software support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- VCP, MCSE, MCDBA, and/or various UNIX certifications are a plus.
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub