Technical Support Engineer - Kubernetes
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
Senior Technical Support Engineer – Kubernetes
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products across three technology layers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, CRM system, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizing a wide range of skills including virtualization administration, system administration, and software development.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily through telephone and CRM system
- Resolve any customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and
- Provide guidelines and best practices on planned projects and activities
- Work directly with staff in quality assurance engineering, sales, marketing,
operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Troubleshoot and engage with engineering on customer reported issues
- Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase
- Provide training or assistance to junior staff
- Participate in testing alpha and beta products and help customers adopt them
- Be an advocate for virtualization
- Experience dealing with various global customers/partners, maintaining and establishing relationship with them while keeping them up to date with all relevant open issues and on-going projects
- Able to handle escalations with demanding customers at a technical and management level
- Proficient in Linux operating system and its administration
- Understanding of IaaS/Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., vSphere, OpenStack, AWS, etc.)
- Understanding of SSL certificates and SSL keys and using certificate tools like OpenSSL to validate and troubleshoot SSL related issues
- In-depth understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing, sub-netting, DNS, ARP, DHCP, VLAN, Load Balancers, firewalls, VPN, Tunneling protocols etc.
- Proficient with container orchestration platforms like Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Openshift etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of industry experience
- Experience with programing languages like Go, Java or C
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Bash, or Perl
- Knowledge of automation tools like BOSH, Apache Monit, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack,
Mesos or similar technologies
- Ability to perform basic analysis of java stack traces
- Understanding of source code management software like GIT and Perforce
- Familiarity with Cloud Foundry
Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub