Technical Support Engineer (Federal)
Broomfield, Colorado - USApply Now Job ID R1911701
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
- Drive customer satisfaction by expediting the resolution of all service issues by conducting log analysis, reproduction work and engaging external and internal resources as required. Remove highlighted
- Proactively escalate customer issues and work with Sales, CPD, PM to assign appropriate priority. (PSO Replace highlighted)
- Providing high quality Live Answer technical support.
- Provide onsite support if required.
- Complete KB articles for all resolved issues.
- Provide best effort support for customers operating on/in unsupported configurations.
- Retain ownership of customer issue from creation to closure.
- Assist customer outside of normal business hours if required.
- Ability to drive customer issues to completion without the use of log files or remote access software.
- Background must allow for the obtainment of a Secret Clearance
- Recommended 5+ years of Technical Support Industry experience
- Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication, project management and problem solving skills.
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
- The ability to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources.
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
- Foundation level knowledge in VMware ESX and Virtual Center products.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the following technologies;
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Storage Arrays or Appliances
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS
- VSP certification strongly desired.
- Must be able to travel (domestic & international).
- Must be able to work Statutory Holidays on rotation
- Successful candidates will have strong communication skills, business acumen, customer focus and are results oriented.
- Alternative shifts available
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub