Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Client Support
Senior Technical Support Engineer - Premier Services (Storage/Networking)
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer (Storage and Networking) you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Supporting our most strategic Premier Services customers
- Focus on day to day SR resolution and proactively drive progress
- Meeting aggressive responsiveness and resolution targets
- Expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one VMware Product within 9-12 Months of completing onboarding training.
- Ability to deliver a consistent experience with high quality and effectiveness with minimal managerial oversight.
- Leading on authoring Knowledge Base – high value on knowledge sharing.
- Participation in mentoring, new hire events, and delivering technical training.
- Capable of researching newly discovered issues.
- VMware troubleshooting review (log analysis/troubleshooting process)
- Foster an enhanced relationship with CPD, Core R&D, and the Field Account teams
- Work closely with Account Managers to provide world class customer service to the client
- Provide formal root cause analysis on critical customer situations
- Manage account document repository ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Proactive Service and Relationship Development
- Conduct weekly semimonthly or monthly meetings for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
- Proactive customer notification of training opportunities, product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates
- Provide technical assistance with support planning, upgrade and maintenance
- Investigate opportunities to build/ maintain internal technical environments for key customers
- Coordinate onsite visits in conjunction with TAM and TSM
- Review customers change management process / documents for gaps against known best practices.
- Recommended 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication, project management and problem solving skills.
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
- The ability to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources.
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
- Foundation level knowledge in storage and networking
- The TSE demonstrates an ability to manage time efficiently, balancing competing priorities.
- Must be able to travel (domestic & international).
- Available for on-call, after-hour rotations, or holidays with prior notice.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.