Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Program & Process Improvement Manager - Sourcing & Operations
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
VMware Global Sourcing & Operations (S&O) are strategic business leaders who drive value through transformative sourcing and operational excellence transforming how VMware unlocks value to support its continued growth and evolution into a SaaS company. The Center of Excellence empowers the S&O team to be successful in their mission by enabling technologies, policies, processes and tools as well as collaborating and innovating with internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager, Center of Excellence, this role will work as a process improvement expert / consultant on various initiatives across the Sourcing Operations organization. We believe that process improvement, when enabled via technology and innovation, provides much higher and longer lasting business value and this role will lead this process improvement + technology combination strategy.
To do this, we are looking for a leader with both a strong process improvement background coupled with a thorough understanding of Sourcing Operations and one who can collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders and levels across the Sourcing Operations organization and the broader VMware organization.
- Lead process improvement / re-engineering efforts in all major Sourcing Operations projects
- Lead and manage major program implementations across all of Sourcing Operations such as Supplier Risk programs, Supplier Rationalization Programs, Supplier Diversity, e-Sourcing, etc.
- Define and develop sourcing policies and guidelines such as Preferred Supplier programs, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Competitive bid requests (CBR) etc.
- Collaborate/lead a sourcing tool roadmap and implement/customize such tools to best fit the VMware environment
- Partner with various stakeholders to drive initiatives and programs
- Provide thought leadership on Sourcing Operations process best practices
- Develop and provide training and coaching on tools, processes and best practices as needed
- Solid understanding of Sourcing Operations and policies, and their interaction with Procurement, Legal, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Business Stakeholders
- Familiarity with sourcing and procurement tools such as Ariba, Coupa, Scout, Spend HQ etc.
- Over 6 years of professional and leadership experience driving transformation / process improvement initiatives
- Ability to drive major initiatives through all levels of a matrix organization
- Strong familiarity with process improvement disciplines / techniques like Lean, Six Sigma
- Strong Project and Change Management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong drive for execution and results – willing to roll-up sleeves to get results
- Out of the box thinker who constantly questions “why”
- Agile disposition – someone energized by dynamic work environments and new emerging opportunities to add value
- Team player – willing to seamlessly partner with other CoE team members to assess and balance needs and workloads
- Undergraduate degree
- Lean / Six Sigma training
- Program management certification
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.