Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Process Improvement and Contract Administration Specialist
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
VMware Global Sourcing & Operations (S&O) are strategic business leaders who drive value through transformative sourcing and operational excellence transforming how VMware unlocks value to support its continued growth and evolution into a SaaS company. The Center of Excellence empowers the S&O team to be successful in their mission by enabling technologies, policies, processes and tools as well as collaborating and innovating with internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager, Center of Excellence, this role will work as a process improvement expert / consultant on various initiatives across the Sourcing Operations organization. We believe that process improvement, when enabled via technology and innovation, provides much higher and longer lasting business value and this role will lead this process improvement + technology combination strategy.
To do this, we are looking for a leader with both a strong process improvement background coupled with a thorough understanding of Sourcing Operations and one who can collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders and levels across the Sourcing Operations organization and the broader VMware organization.
- Support process improvement / re-engineering efforts in all major Sourcing Operations projects
- Support compliance initiatives such as Supplier Diversity, M&A Integration, SEC Reporting across all of Sourcing Operations
- Collaborating with Sourcing Managers and internal business partners to develop sourcing/contracting strategies aimed at cost reduction, compliance risk mitigation (GDPR, data privacy, information security etc.), supplier reduction and improvements in contract lifecycle management (contract repository, compliance review process etc.)
- Triaging and amending contract documents, using company-approved template agreements in support of M&A and New Legal Entity integration, Data Privacy and other Compliance initiatives.
- On-going tracking and management of supplier agreements related to key process functions, including change control management, assignment, terminations, issue escalation and status provisioning.
- Collaborate/contribute to a sourcing tool roadmap and implement/customize such tools to best fit the VMware environment
- Solid understanding of Sourcing Operations and policies, and their interaction with Procurement, Legal, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Business Stakeholders
- 3-5+ years of experience negotiating vendor agreements/contracts. Good working knowledge of contracts, terms and conditions.
- Experience with large scale project/program management skills
- Ability to manage and track project deliverables as part of a global team
- Ability to create program and process documentation
- Change management and policy/process improvement experience
- Strong business acumen, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Excellent communication and process development skills.
- Proven analytical background/capability
- Familiarity with sourcing and procurement tools such as Ariba, Coupa, Scout, Spend HQ preferred
- Strong familiarity with process improvement disciplines / techniques like Lean, Six Sigma
- Adaptable to changing business plans and priorities
- Adept at working simultaneously on multiple projects
- Ability to think in terms of broader business impact including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies with awareness of up and downstream requirements
- Demonstrated ability in tackling complex business problems and creating viable business solutions
- Breadth across corporate enterprise with ability to connect the dots between functional processes
- Ability to understand program and project detail and translate into recommendations and summaries for broad/executive audiences
- Strong familiarity with process improvement disciplines like Lean, Six Sigma, PMP
- Familiarity with local country legal requirements, privacy laws and compliance
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.