Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Graduate - Global Services - Global Labs Engineer
Broomfield, ColoradoApply Now
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
What's in it for you?
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people including a world- class development organization with unparalleled expertise in the system software space. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment - one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. You'll find the atmosphere is casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
VMware’s Technical Support Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products in over 100 different countries. As part of the troubleshooting process, they have access to different global datacenters to allow them to reproduce customer issues and to learn across the full datacenter stack. This role involves architecting, running and maintaining the Broomfield datacenter to ensure these Tech Support engineers have prompt and comprehensive access to whatever they might need there.
We are looking for someone who wants to immerse themselves in all that virtualization and the datacenter has to offer, to learn and grow the datacenter right across the stack from the different hardware layers right through the many different layers of virtualization and into the Cloud.
- Responsible for administration and day-to-day operation of our Broomfield, CO, USA support lab.
- Cross-support of other global labs within the group during times when local admins are not on shift.
- Assist with infrastructure configurations that reproduce customer environments for the purpose of replicating customers’ technical issues.
- Provide the requisite data communications infrastructure (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, SAN, etc) required to house static and repro cloud environments.
- Responsible for break/fix/maintenance of servers, storage, switches and applications, including Windows, Linux, DNS, DHCP, NFS, etc.
- Responsible for backing up data from lab servers, as well as managing lab storage environment (SAN, NAS) for core services and GSS [customer] requests.
- Responsible for purchasing and configuring lab equipment, which include Windows and Linux servers.
- Help to develop and maintain light automation scripting (BASH, powershell, powercli) to streamline lab operations and deployments.
- Develop supporting documentation and user guides for lab team and user base.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in CIS/MIS, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following: Microsoft, linux, storage and/or networking
- Knowledge of vSphere and/or other VMware product sets
- Knowledge of DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, and SAN's (iSCSI and Fiber Channel).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Experience troubleshooting operating system issues.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving
- Demonstrated skills in system, storage, and network troubleshooting.
- Cisco knowledge/experience
- Technical certifications in VMware, EMC, Microsoft and/or Cisco technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.