Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Sr. Account Executive, NSX and vRA
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.The NSX virtualization platform is helping hundreds of customers realize the full potential of a Software Defined Data Center.
Become a part of the dynamic team that owns and drives the NSX product and solution strategy for the Cloud.
A self-service interface allows users to build custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver customized requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Senior Account Executive within the Global SDDC Team is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX and vRA internal and external sales team. This extended team drives toward a common goal within a set number of Global Accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NSX foothold across the assigned regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account. It changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
- Responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization and vRealize Management and Automation solutions into Global Accounts
- You help drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
- You will be responsible for leveraging channel partners during your sales cycle
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Drive virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in Tier 1 accounts
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- You will help identify and match the VMware NSX and vRA solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 6+years of experience within the datacenter software industry
- 4+ years of related network route/switch, network management, and/or network security based solutions
- You have experience selling in an overlay or product sales specialist capacity
- Experience working within both direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- You are currently leading a team of specialists in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- You have a consistent track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.