Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Senior SD-WAN Systems Engineer Enterprise East - Boston
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
SD-WAN market is very hot. Do you want to be part of a dynamic, self-starter, and talented group of Systems Engineers (SE)? This position presents unique opportunity to help our customers in their journey to transform their Wide Area Network (WAN), as they move more and more applications to the cloud. We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it.You will be the primary contact for all things technical with VMware's clients, partners, and prospects. You will work closely with VMware's clients to understand their business problems and help them develop the right technical solutions. As a result, you will form and further you relationship with technical decision makers at both client's and our partner's organizations.You will lead the discussions to make VMware client understand the value of our SD-WAN solution, how it fits into their network, and show them how to have a successful implementation as they take on the SD-WAN journey. You will have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to make great things happen for our clients.Focus and passion of our SE:
- Lead our clients through their SD-WAN network transformation
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration, and explaining the use cases
- Build SD-WAN network design that makes our clients' networks simpler to manage, operate, and maintain
- Land and expand the size of the deployment, thus increasing the recurring revenue and hitting the sales objectives
- Foster long-term relationship with customers and our internal teams
- Listen to our customers and come up with creative ways to solve their problems, and bring the feedback to product team to continue improving our product
- Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day
- Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our customers
- Craft realistic account plans and meeting the project criteria
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help our customers make the right decision
- Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Lead the POCs, lab and field trials, and beta program
- Participate and present at roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, particularly through Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science or higher required
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.