Senior Consultant Federal
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. These services include Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
Are you passionate about working with Federal customers and IT consulting? Are you ready to join this growing VMware team?
- You will conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- You will have an understanding of VMware SDDC product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions
- You will assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks and standard estimates
- You will help to document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers and IT consulting
- Technical knowledge of any VMware products: vSphere, vCenter, Cloud Foundation Enterprise (vRealize Suite, NSX, vSAN, vRNI)
- Experience with current software development methodologies, software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments
- 3+ years experience in end user computing, Horizon View, UEM
- Knowledge of failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- You will bring an understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, etc.)
- Experience supporting desktop image configuration and deployment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- DoD Top Secret SCI Security Clearance required
- Ability to travel 75%
- B.S. degree in engineering or technical discipline from an college / university required
- Mobile device management experience, Airwatch
- Experience with Federal Intelligence Community customers
- Experience with MS and/or Linux OS
- Experience in the implementation of TOGAF and/or ITIL processes and possessing certifications
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub