Sales Development Representative (CloudHealth by VMware)
Boston, Massachusetts - USApply Now Job ID R1811970
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibility
Sales Development Representative - CloudHealth Technologies by VMware
We’re looking for ambitious, self-starters to join our Sales Development (SDR) team. As an SDR, you’ll be paired with a member of our growing sales team and will be responsible for initiating sales cycles within your defined territory while you learn to master the fundamentals and steps across our entire sales cycle.
Some things you should know about us: We have incredible technology and we’re adding new customers every day (and new employees every week) on our quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader under VMware. As one of the “Best Places to Work” in Boston, we value transparency, community, innovation and excellence – and we have an amazing group of people working out of our headquarters in Boston, right near South Station.
Do you want to be on the front lines? Are you extremely driven and looking to position yourself for excellent opportunities for career advancement and high earnings within a growing market leading tech company? Do you want to be the best at whatever you do and love competition just as much as learning from others and joining in on our fun, inclusive, casual culture? If so, we want to talk to you!
- Conduct territory research to identify key accounts and stakeholders
- Generate meetings through phone, email, and social media activities
- Master and deliver our company value proposition and differentiation points
- Demonstrate the CloudHealth platform to prospective buyers
- Accurately log, track, and maintain records using Salesforce
- Schedule and lead meetings using GoToMeeting, Skype, and/or Google Hangouts
- Attend sales meetings, vendor training, meet-ups, and local trade shows to keep current with technology and expand the CloudHealth Technologies network
- A college degree or relevant work experience
- A drive to succeed and a proven ability to be resilient and overcome challenges
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, and enthusiasm
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Critical problem solving skills to handle customer questions and overcome objections
- The ability to be coached and mentored
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub