Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Member of Technical StaffJob ID R1904203 Date posted 04/10/2019
We are building the biggest Megacloud that you've never heard of!
We are a powerful services platform that enables cloud providers around the world to run thriving, profitable cloud businesses.
We enable both privateandmulti-tenant cloud service delivery capabilities across a global VMware vSphere-based cloud footprint.
And we are looking for a great engineer to join us on the vCloud Director team in downtown Boston.
Why we are Excited about YOU:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for software engineering. You’re excited by Cloud Computing, and the customer experience in everything you build. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code with test automation.
- Produce software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a fullstack Scrum team.
- Collaborate with other technologists, product management, Global Support Services and other stakeholders to ensure timely high quality VMware vCloud Director releases
- Advance your technical skills in an environment that looks to strengthen them.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience in Typescript, Java, or similar languages
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and learn.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Full stack experience is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.