Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
As a line manager (with coding responsibilities) in the Hyper Converged Infrastructure Business Unit, you will not only drive delivery of cutting edge technology that thrills and anticipates customer needs. You will also help foster and grow innovation that disrupts the status quo and helps propel customer digital transformation in ways not yet imagined!
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society.
At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that grows with architecting whats next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Hyper Converged Infrastructure Business Unit: We are a highly-innovative team who is always looking to disrupt and change the storage and availability landscape. With our SRM (Site Recovery Manager), vSAN (software defined storage) solutions and core storage technologies we are fundamentally transforming how companies across the world, ranging from Fortune 100s to emerging start-ups, build, run and manage storage and availability. The HCIBU is searching for an Engineering Leader. You should have a consistent track record for building great teams and products and have a history of enterprise software development.
- Direct Coding Responsibilities
- Lead engineering execution through all phases of our product development lifecycle, based on an agile/scrum development methodology.
- Show highly effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills.
- Work with engineers on technical, and career growth plans while promoting our values, and culture.
- Bring a strong sense of solution ownership through development, and after release.
- Drive high quality and on-time delivery of products.
- Direct Coding Responsibilities
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8-10 years overall technology experience in a software development related role. Strong C++ // Object oriented programming skills with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience in delivery of Software as a Service
- 4+ years management experience leading a distributed software engineering team
- Proven experience in delivering enterprise class, production quality, highly available & highly scalable software or services.
- Proven Domain expertise in virtualization, storage technologies, and availability/business continuity is highly desired
- Ability to influence and collaborate with a broad set of business, engineering and operation functions
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub