Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Director - Pursuit and Capture, WW Global Accounts ( EAST )
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
Director - Pursuit and Capture, WW Global Accounts
VMware is seeking a senior leader to help lead its Worldwide Global Accounts pursuit and capture team. This role is a key role in helping to set the direction for creating the content, processes, and capabilities to optimize the sales process with the world’s largest customers.
Responsibilities for this role fall into three areas: solution standardization, proposal and playbook definition with commercial terms, and market/sales metrics.
As VMware’s Global Accounts team continues to expand its footprint in its accounts, an analysis of what works, and development of playbooks across all Geos is needed to instill consistent growth. This role will be key to driving that through coordinating and collaborating with a variety of resources (Account Teams, Specialists, BUs, Solution Architects). The solution content includes both technical capabilities as well as directions around implementation, and sales collateral on positioning.
Proposals and Playbooks
Global account proposals require a higher level of attention and development given the custom content. The Pursuit and Capture Director will ensure that the content and approach match the needs of the customers, and includes the content identified in the COMPASS planning process. These proposals will leverage the work done in solution standardization, while expanding it into the realm of commercial terms. The customer value proposition will be key to any winning proposal, and must be articulated. In addition, as VMware shifts into innovative models like SaaS and user based licensing, the appropriate changes need to be made at the field level. This role will help guide these changes, working closely with the Field Commerce Executive for VMware Global Accounts.
Market Analysis and Metrics
Another key aspect of this function is to provide KPIs and data on what’s working in the field. This business analysis function will be driven in conjunction with the Global Accounts Chief of Staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 – 15 years of strategy, planning, and customer engagement
- Strong communication skills especially with remote teams working virtually
- Experience working directly with executive leadership team
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Holds people accountable for achieving their goals
- Leads by example, creating a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks, lead and direct the work of others
- Strong sense of self and can relate well to works; learns quickly and can adapt to changes in timeframes, people and situations with ease; remains calm under pressure
- Willingness to travel up to 80%, international travel required
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.