Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Account Executive (SLED), VeloCloud VMware – Work-from-home/Remote
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
Today’s branch-office users are consuming more wide area network (WAN) bandwidth than ever before as they collaborate online (e.g., Skype for Business, WebEx, Office 365), increase the use of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud services, access large rich-media files, and leverage other bandwidth-intensive applications. Corporate IT is facing significant challenges addressing these demands due to the complexity, cost and static architecture inherent in their existing WAN.
VMware's VeloCloud SD-WAN enables enterprises to support application growth, network agility and simplified branch implementations while delivering optimized access to cloud services, private data centers and enterprise applications simultaneously over both ordinary broadband Internet and private links.
With VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry’s leading network virtualization platform – VMware NSX – and expand the company’s networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge. Join us in transforming how businesses run!
Job Role and Responsibilities
- You will work with sales account teams to build account strategies and promote the overall cloud strategy within a defined set of SLED accounts in order to achieve revenue targets.
- You’ll learn how to sell VMware’s advantageous position in IT organizations to guide a client’s decision-making process and sell SD-WAN.
- The AE builds strategic relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote VMware’s portfolio of SD WAN through a consultative sales approach, proofs of concept and pilots.
- You will collaborate and build positive relationships with core Field and Partner sales reps to ensure engagement with core teams and customers.
- A great AE will establish themselves as a trusted adviser to senior IT and business executives within key accounts to build a long-term, strategic partnership.
- You will have the opportunity to work across multiple functions and individuals to achieve desired results for your client and for VMware.
- 8+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with enterprise networking products
- 4+ years of sales experience in state and local government and/or education accounts (SLED)
- Strong knowledge of the wide area networking (WAN)
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of VMware SD-WAN
- Ability to evolve and develop the overall sales strategy and model for SD-WAN technology
- Experience with new product introductions
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a sales mentality, and proven ability to execute complex strategy
- BA or BS degree in relevant field
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- VMware product experience
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional) certification
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for you. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
This position is eligible for the AMERSalesDoubleDown enhanced ERP Campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.