Systems Engineer Telco SD-WAN CEMEA
Berlin, - GermanyApply Now Job ID R1903283
The SD-WAN market is very hot. Do you want to be part of a dynamic, self-starter, and talented group of Systems Engineers (SE)? This position presents unique opportunity to help our customers in their journey to transform their Wide Area Network (WAN), as they move more and more applications to the cloud. We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it.
You will be the primary contact for all things technical with VMware's Telco partners and customers. You will work closely with VMware's Telco partners and clients to understand their business problems and help them develop the right technical solutions. As a result, you will form and further your relationship with technical decision makers.
You will lead the discussions to make VMware Telco clients understand the value of our SD-WAN solution, how it fits into their network, and show them how to have a successful implementation as they take on the SD-WAN journey. You will have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to make great things happen.
Focus and passion of our SE:
- Lead our clients through their SD-WAN network transformation
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration, explaining the use cases, and being the smart guy in the room
- Build SD-WAN network design that enables Telcos to make their clients' networks simpler to manage, operate, and maintain
- Land and expand the size of the deployment, hence increase the recurring revenue and hit the sales objectives
- Foster long-term relationship with Telco partners and our internal teams
- Listen to Telco partner challenges and come up with creative ways to solve their problems, and bring the feedback to product team to continue improving our product
- Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day
- Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our our Telco environment
- Craft realistic account plans and meet project criteria
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help to make the right decision
- Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Lead the POCs, lab and field trials, and beta program
- Participate and present at roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, particularly with Telcos or through Value Added Resellers (VARs) and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in modern large network environments, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science or higher required
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub