Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
HCI Sales Specialist – Global Accounts
Berlin, GermanyApply Now
Are you passionate about selling storage virtualization products or platforms to global customers? Can you bring to bear an extended team that includes VMware’s core salesforce, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners? This exciting role includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities - directly and through channels.
vSAN and VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) are key components of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) strategy. A Software Defined Datacenter enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility and cost savings required for modern datacenters. You will work in coordination with the core sales team and VMware’s partner network.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You'll be selling the broader SDDC-vision to our global accounts – our Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
- To drive sales strategy and establish sales cadence with all our sales teams
- Moving the transaction through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure.
- Embracing account portfolio sales strategy and making the most of our channel partners
- Focus on premier accounts and collaborate with Inside & Channel Sales to ensure complete coverage of other segments.
- Prospect new opportunities for Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions. within an assigned customers
- Match the SDDC solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of Software Defined Infrastructure, with an emphasis on vSAN & VCF
- Work closely with SEs and SDDC Architects to successfully move each opportunity through customers' evaluation processes
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our SDDC value proposition
- Proven experience in the storage industry with strong background in enterprise / global accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience managing a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Industry expertise in storage is a requirement, especially experience in selling to virtualization and storage personnel in enterprise IT departments
- Proven record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in TCO-calculations, cost analysis and financial selling
- Experience in strategic and value selling in taking care of six or seven figure transactions
- Experience in winning net new accounts as well as upselling to the installed base
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Travel: 50-70% travel
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.