Workplace Manager- India Technical Operations
Bengaluru, IndiaApply Now
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. VMware is radically transforming IT with technologies that make your business more agile, efficient and profitable. A pioneer in virtualization and policy-driven automation, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center. We deliver value to customers through virtualization software, professional services and a robust ecosystem partners that drives application interoperability and customer choice. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com .
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Managing Engineering Operations, Automations and Technology support, Maintenance & Trouble shooting of all Equipment's (AHU’s, UPS, Fire suppression systems,BMS,FAS,PA & all other Building operation systems).
- Ability to see the big picture on Building Engineering services, Technology, Digitization, sustainability and automation initiatives
- Monitor FM team Engineering team for all contract deliverables proactively for compliance, environmental, safety and maintenance services and schedules
- Responsible for leading and managing all outsourced services thru FM team , resolving any underperformance or issues and value-add initiatives.
- Responsible for preparation of RCA and provide appropriate action/solution for breakdowns
- Responsible for revamp/renovations and tenant improvement activities.
- Support Project team in building & handover of new facilities
- Manage Landlord relations and oversee landlord operational support engagement on regular basis for seamless project work and operations.
- Provides inputs for the budget planning for the O&M activities in accordance with sites requirement
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to M&E equipment's and its systems, by doing regular Safety Audits, Energy Audit etc.
- Liason with internal and external REW contacts including Finance, HR, Legal and IT as needed.
- Collaborate with the company’s Strategic Sourcing team on opportunities to define vendor scope and manage supplier performance
- Coordinate with REW personnel in remote sites to provide excellent day-to-day operations as needed.
- Keep fully up to date with all future and modern specialist building service activities, best in class provision, process and products that will provide continuous improvement to the working environment
- Provide superior customer service and minimize disruptions through effective communication and scheduling.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a predominant experience in the Operation and maintenance of MEP Systems.
10 Years of Experience in Operation and Maintenance of MEP Systems which includes High side and Low side of HVAC Systems, Electrical distribution system,UPS Systems,Fire Protection Systems.
- Team Player and able to manage systems operation, equipment’s maintenance, staffs and contractors.
- Ability to manage cost effective corrective maintenance and Adhoc works.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, Interpersonal, initiative, analytical thinking and good decision-making abilities.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub